1. In some countries, many people have chosen to live by themselves in recent years. What has caused this to happen? Does it have a positive or negative effect on the development of society?
2. With the increasing use of mobile phone and computer, people are losing their ability to communicate face to face. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
3. Shops should not be allowed to sell any food and drinks that been scientifically proved to be bad for people's health. Agree or disagree?
4. In many countries, the quality of life in large cities is becoming worse. What are the causes for this problem? What measures do you think should be taken to tackle this problem?
5. More and more people want to buy famous brands of clothes, cars and other items. What are the reasons? Do you think it is a positive development or negative development?
6. The range and quality of food been improved with the development of technology and scientific advance. Some people think it is good and others think it is harmful. Discuss two sides and give your own opinion.
7. Some people say that professional workers such as doctors, nurses and teachers make greater contribution. So they should be paid more than those sports and entertainment stars. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
8. Educationalists think that the program of international exchange visits would benefit all students. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
9. Some people think the main benefit of greater international cooperation is in the protection of environment, while others think it is the world business. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
10. Some people think that robots are very important to human’s future development. Others think that they are dangerous and have negative effects on society. Discuss both opinions and give your personal view.