1. Some countries achieve international sporting success by building specialized facilities to train top athletes instead of providing sports facilities that everyone can use. Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
2. Some people think getting old is entirely bad. However, others think that life of the elderly in modern world is much easier than in the past. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
3. Some people think that success in life comes from hard work and determination, while others think that there are more important factors such as money and appearance. Discuss both of these views and give your own opinion.
4. People's shopping habits depend more on the age group they belong to than any other factor. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
5. Some people believe that the country development benefits from the high-educated universities students. However, some people think that the large number of young people in university only leads to high unemployment graduates. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
6. Some people think that computers and the Internet are more important for a child's education than going to school. But others believe that schools and teachers are essential for children to learn effectively. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
7. The best way for a country to prepare for the future is to invest more resources in young people. How true do you think of it? What is the best way to invest it?
8. Some people think that pollution and damage of environment are resulting from a country’s developing and becoming richer, and this is hard to be avoided. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
9. Some working parents believe that childcare centers can provide the best care for children, while others think family members like grandparents can do it better. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
10. Secondary school children should study international news; some people think it would waste the time of their subject. Discuss both views and your opinion.
11. Sending criminals to prison is not the best method of dealing with them. Education and job training are better ways to help them. Do you agree or disagree?
12. In many cities, planners tend to arrange shops, schools, offices, and homes in specific areas and separate them from each other. Do you think the advantages of this policy outweigh the disadvantages?
13. Some people think that it is better for people to be unemployed than to be employed when they do not enjoy the job，to what extent do you agree or disagree?
14. Some people think young people should be free to choose his or her job but some think young people should be realistic and think about their future. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
15. Many people believe that social networking sites (such as Facebook) have had a negative impact on individuals and society. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement.